Team Building Through an Escape Room
Building a Strong Team
In order to build a strong, effective team it takes getting to know who’s on your team and finding out what each and every one of your team mates is made of. To achieve success within a group for a time limited assignment, it’s imperative the leader is prepared ahead of time for the task equipped with a well-mixed and able group of strategists offering a promising outcome.
Not only is it important to find out a person’s strengths in order to best utilize what they have to offer, it’s downright logical. If I were counting on a group of people to save my life, I would certainly hope for a team willing to give all they’ve got to aid in my rescue and have the knowledge, wisdom and dedication to do so. Team leaders and employers should be thinking this same way when recruiting.
All people are created differently, yet all are naturally skilled in some areas. Finding the perfect collection of the much needed skills required to solve a problem or accomplish a group effort is a significant part of the full equation. Attitude and creativity are other prerequisites in determining the “right” members for an effective team. ‘One bad apple can ruin a whole barrel’. Identifying the bad attitudes early on will save a lot of time and, in many cases, a whole lot of money in the long run.Escape rooms have become a popular and fun way for businesses, sports teams, social organizations and other types of groups to improve performance and team relationships. It helps to develop groups effectively by identifying and exercising the following attributes:
- Communication: (Oral Direction and Listening) The escape room truly reveals a person’s ability and willingness to communicate throughout this exercise.
- Leadership: (Ability to delegate, identify individual team member’s strengths and their willingness to put the needs of the assignment as highest priority, ability to help to keep the morale positive throughout the assignment and mediate with wisdom) The escape room leader will be forced to rely on the efforts of his team, but will be strongly influenced by his ability to lead.
- Creative Thinking: (“Think outside of the box”) Escape rooms are developed with clever insight. Therefore, using innovative thinking will be a useful tool for making the escape.
- Cooperation: Working together in harmony is key. Selfish ambition will not aid in assisting the team to solve the quest. Escape rooms will amplify the group member’s characteristics for working as a team.
- Confidence: Teammates remaining positive, assertive and determined throughout the assignment will improve the outcome whether success or failure..
- Humility: During an assignment, game or any task, the highest priority is focusing on accomplishing your mission and forgetting about one’s own importance in order to meet the needs of the team and accomplishing the final objective.
How Do Escape Rooms Help Build Teams?Each and every player in an escape room will be forced to quickly analyze, offer ideas and suggest plans of action throughout the game. As all team members are feeling the same pressure of confusion and limited time to escape, the assignment will reveal how each member will perform under pressure and their ability to strategize and remain stable throughout the assignment. Obviously, if a teammate is showing a lack of ability to remain committed, focused or continue as a positive reinforcement throughout the mission, this may be an indication that the type of work or physical initiative is not a good match for the person (or more importantly, not a strong link for the company or team).
Escape Rooms Aren’t Only Effective but FUN!Escape rooms are rapidly rising up all over the country. Here in South Florida, Lockbox Escape Room has been entertaining a vast audience with 3 popular escape rooms:
Timeline Escape Room
This room provides a mission into the future where a massive explosion has taken place that’s released toxins into the air causing population elimination in massive numbers. As a descendent of a lead scientist who was involved in creating the attack, you and your team are the world’s last chance for avoiding permanent destruction.
CIA Task Force Escape Room
The CIA Task Force room is about ‘The Gamer’. He is known for toying with and disposing of anyone who gets into his path. This man is the most dangerous assassin alive. You and your team must come up with a strategy to defeat this destructive force within 60 minutes or else the world will reap the effects.Stolen Escape Room
Something extremely valuable has been stolen! You and your team have been assigned the investigation to finding the missing item. This is a mobile/pop up game with the ability to host up to 100 people at a time! Lockbox Escape Room in Davie, Florida is the only escape room offering this type of game and opportunity. Again, you must solve the puzzle within one hour. Can you handle the challenge?